The following deed restrictions are restrictive covenants defined in the Declaration of Condominium and the Articles of Incorporation. All unit owners agree to abide by the deed restrictions. These documents have been filed in the Pinellas County Courthouse. Unit owners, families, friends, guests, tenants, etc. shall be referred to herein as "unit owners".
1. RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY: No unit shall be used for any purpose other than for residential purposes.
2. UNIT MAINTENANCE: All unit owners shall keep and maintain their respective units in good condition and repair.
3. EXTERNAL ORNAMENTATION: Except for name plates of uniform size and design approved by the Board of Directors, no unit owner shall cause any signs to be posted or affixed to any of the common elements, or in any unit in which such sign may be seen from the common elements.
4. BUILDING DEFACEMENT: Unit owners shall in no way deface, mar, alter, repair, or replace any part of the common elements or any balcony or terrace (whether limited common or a common element). Those responsible shall be liable for damages thereto.
5. UNOBSTRUCTED COMMON AREAS: All common walkways, balconies, terraces and passages shall be kept free for their intended use by the unit owners in common, and shall in no event be used as storage areas by the individual unit owners, either on a temporary or permanent basis.
6. PERSONAL OUTDOOR AREAS: No clothing, bedding, laundry or similar items, shall be dried or aired in any outdoor area.
7. GARBAGE/TRASH DISPOSAL: All garbage (not suitable for your garbage disposal) or trash must be placed in plastic bags, tied securely, and put down the garbage chute. Kitty litter and animal waste should be double bagged and tightly wrapped to prevent bag breakage when dropped down the chute. Break down cardboard boxes and place them on the ground floor next to the dumpster. Do not leave them on your floor in front of the garbage chute. We recommend that you use your garbage disposal as much as possible to reduce the volume of your garbage.
8. USE OF UNITS: No unit owners shall commit or permit any nuisance, immoral, or illegal act in his unit or in the common elements.
9. NOISE RESTRICTIONS: No unit owners may make or permit any disturbing noises in the building or on the condominium property. Radios, television sets, electronic sound systems, musical instruments, etc. shall be turned down to minimum volume between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
10. OCCUPANY RESTRICTIONS: No unit in this condominium shall be permanently occupied by more than two individuals per bedroom. For purposes of this provision, individuals shall be defined as members or member's approved lessees.
11. PETS: Pets shall be permitted subject to the following conditions. The owner of any animal that commits a nuisance inadvertently, or at an unintended location, shall remove same immediately. All pets are to be on a hand-held leash while on condominium premises. Unit owners shall be responsible for their pet's activities at all times. Pets are to be confined to walk ways, elevators, stairs, and within their own unit. No pet is permitted in swimming area, party, billiard, and exercise rooms. No pet shall be allowed, or left unattended, in the gated courtyard or on the balcony.
The following rules and regulations may be changed, modified, or amended by the Board of Directors of the Association pursuant to the authority vested in the Association by the Articles of Incorporation and the Association Bylaws.
ABSENCES: Any unit owner who plans to be absent from his/her unit for an extended period of time must prepare his unit prior to his/her departure in the following manner: 1. Remove all furniture, plants, and any other objects from the balcony area. 2. Designate a reasonable caretaker, be it a firm or individual, to care for your unit. This person, or organization, should be prepared to avert or respond to any damage caused by storms, hurricanes, winds, or other violent acts of nature. Please inform management/maintenance who will be caretaking. 3. Water should be shut off at the main valve and your water heater should be shut off at the breaker box. 4. It is suggested that each unit owner provide a car key to the condominium association (or your designated caretaker), to allow for movement of vehicle in case of maintenance, construction, or emergency situations.
AIR CONDITIONING: All replacement air conditioning units installed must be a scroll compressor.
ATTIRE: Members, their families and guests shall not use the Common Elements except in appropriate attire. Beach cover-up and footwear must be worn.
BICYCLES: Bicycles stored in common areas shall be done only in the areas so designated. Each bicycle must display an official Sunwatch ID tag. Tags can be obtained from the maintenance office (727-442-6767 or cell phone 727-710-3510).
CAR WASHING: Car washing shall be done in the designated area only, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
CLEANING FISH: There is to be no cleaning of fish in any of the common/limited common element areas. This includes the common boardwalk areas.
COMMON/LIMITED COMMON AREAS: There is a need for conformity and control of the limited common areas. All changes to the limited common areas are subject to approval by the Association, prior to installation. This applies to the exterior of your units, balconies, courtyards, entryways, etc. Balcony and/or courtyard tile must be approved by the Association, prior to installation. Exterior doors may not be repainted in different colors. Unit numbers are not to be changed (in color, style, format, etc) from the ones supplied by the Association. Door knockers, or any other decorative or ornamental changes to a unit's exterior, must receive prior approval from the Association. All window treatments visible from the exterior of a unit must be white, off-white, light beige or other color approved by the Association.
COMMON AREA FACILITIES: The Declaration of Condominium and the Articles of Incorporation state that "Unit owners, families, friends, guests, tenants, etc. shall be referred to herein as 'unit owners' ". Therefore in this section we shall refer to residents as "Unit Owners" and that shall apply to the person(s) in residence only.
The exercise room is available to Unit Owners at any time, on a first come, first served basis. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Guests must be accompanied by a resident.
The billiards room is available to Unit Owners on a first come, first served basis, with a maximum of one hour use if another person is waiting. Do not remove equipment or supplies from the room. No eating, drinking, or placing drinks on or near the billiard table. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Guests must be accompanied by a resident.
The tennis courts are available to Unit Owners of Sunwatch and Island Walk between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. on a first come, first served basis. There is a maximum of one hour use if another person is waiting.
The party room, meeting room, and guest units are available to Unit Owners by reservation. Users are responsible for clean up and damages, if any. A security deposit of $100 is required at the time the reservation is made.
DELIVERIES: Deliveries of furniture and appliances are permitted Monday through Saturday during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Elevators must be padded for deliveries of furniture, appliances or any other material which could damage the elevator's interior. You must call the maintenance office (727-442-6767 or cell phone 727-710-3510) so that the appropriate service elevator may be reserved for your use that day.
DISCHARGES FROM BALCONIES ARE NOT PERMITTED: In deference to residents living below you, nothing should be discharged from the balcony. This includes, but is not limited to the following: cigarette butts, any type of food, water from hosing off balconies, water from watering plants, etc.
DRILLING INTO CONCRETE SLABS (FLOOR OR CEILINGS) IS PROHIBITED! The concrete slabs which separate the various levels or floors in the building are reinforced with state-of-the-art post-tensioned cable. The cables run in curvilinear patterns under great stress and in locations only detectable with sophisticated X-ray equipment. For this reason, no unauthorized drilling into the building slabs is permitted. Inadvertently striking a cable with a drill for example, could result in loss of life, sacrificing the building's structural integrity or both. Authorization can only be granted by the Sunwatch Board of Directors and done under their direction and project management.
EMERGENCY KEYS: To minimize response time in emergency situations, the Association shall retain keys to all units. If your lock is rekeyed, it is your responsibility to provide the Association with a new key. The Association retains the right to forcible entry into a unit in the event of an emergency situation.
EXPENDITURES: A unit owner must obtain written approval from an officer of the Board of Directors before incurring any expense for the Association or on behalf of the Association.
EXTERIOR DOOR KEYS: Each unit owner receives two numbered keys at the time of purchase. A third key is $100. A fourth key is $250. No unit will ever be issued more than four keys. The key fee is a refundable deposit if the additional keys are returned to the Association. If a key breaks all pieces must be returned to the Association, and a duplicate key will be issued.
GROCERY CARTS: Return the grocery cart to the garage area immediately after using it. Do not leave it in the hallway, in the elevator, in your courtyard, or where it obstructs doors to the garage.
HURRICANE SHUTTERS: Hurricane Shutters installed by unit owners shall be uniform in color with the Upper Housing and Side Tracks in “Beige” color and the Slats and Storm Bars in “Bronze” color.
INFLAMMABLE MATERIALS: A unit owner shall not keep in his/her unit, or in any storage area, any inflammable, combustible, or explosive fluids, chemicals or substances except those required for normal household use. GENERATORS ARE FORBIDDEN FOR USE WITHIN THE UNITS UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.
IN-KIND GIFTS/DONATIONS: A unit owner must obtain written approval from an officer of the Board of Directors before donating items "in kind" or gifting items to the Association.
MOVING IN/MOVING OUT: Moves will be limited to one family in 670 or 680 at a time. Please contact the maintenance office (727-442-6767 or cell phone 727-710-3510) and leave a message so that the appropriate service elevator can be reserved for your use. Elevators must be padded during moves. Moves will be limited to weekdays during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Move-ins and move-outs are required to pay a $200 security deposit, which is fully refundable if there is no damage after an inspection.
OUTDOOR COOKING: No barbecue grills or any open flame (LPG, charcoal, electric, etc.) cooking equipment shall be used on the balconies. An outdoor cooking area has been designated on the patio area west of the large cabana by the recreational pool and whirlpool. Please keep the grill clean for others and shut the LPG off when you are through.
PARKING: Unit owners shall park in their respective allocated parking spaces. The allocation of parking spaces shall not be changed or amended except upon mutual approval of all unit owners involved. Changes must be submitted to the Association and Management. All parking spaces are party to unit's ownership, and any permanent change must be legally transferred.
No commercial vehicle, boat, housetrailer, mobile home, camper, recreational vehicle or trailer of any other description shall be parked in any parking space. This prohibition of parking shall not apply to temporary parking of trucks and commercial vehicles such as pick-up, delivery, and other commercial services for the condominium association, unit owners, and residents. This prohibition also shall not apply to owner vehicles occasionally parked for loading or unloading, provided it is on a short term basis (15 minutes) during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Vehicles which cannot operate on their own power shall not remain on the condominium premises for more than twenty-four (24) hours, and no repair of vehicles shall be made on the condominium premises (with the exception of normal road/tow truck service). Vehicles may be washed on the condominium property only in the appropriately designated area, Monday through Saturday, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
PERSONAL OUTDOOR AREAS: Plants, pots, receptacles, and other movable objects must not be kept, placed or maintained on ledges of balconies. No objects shall be hung from balconies, nor shall cloth, clothing, rugs or mops be shaken from the balconies. Members shall remove all loose or removable objects from the balconies during period of high winds.
All residents are encouraged to participate in recycling. Recycling is simple, and takes only a few seconds a day. Recycling containers have been placed at east and west locations in the garage area for your convenience. Please be sure no garbage is included in the recycle bins. If you have any questions, call Clearwater's recycling office at 462-6654. The recyclable items collected are:
- Newspaper and Mixed paper: Unbagged - no plastic wrappers. Inserts OK.
- Cans: Rinse and crush to make storage easier.
- Plastic: #1 & #2.
- Glass: NO glass.
REMODELING AND REPAIR OF UNITS (UNIT CONSTRUCTION):
All common area elements are restricted to anyone making any changes in their
design, appearance or in any other way. These elements are solely managed by the Sunwatch Board of Directors. All construction and/or remodeling work performed by contract labor, outside work persons or unit owners may only be done on weekdays during the hours of 8 AM to 4:00 PM. Repair of existing “quality of life appliance”, i.e. refrigerator, HVAC systems, hot water heaters, plumbing, breakdowns will also be permitted from 8 AM to 4:00 PM Saturdays. For hardship cases with these rules, owners can apply to the Sunwatch Board of Directors for a waiver. In all cases, no construction is permitted on Holidays. Workers are not permitted to use the front door of the 670 building. Workers must use the service door and the appropriate service elevator, which is the middle elevator in 670 and the East elevator 680. In all cases access must be granted and supervised by the unit owner. Please contact Sunwatch Maintenance at 727-710-3510 at least twenty four (24) hours in advance and notify if the elevator will need protective padding.
REMODELING AND REPAIR OF UNITS (UNIT CONSTRUCTION):
2. DELIVERIES: All limitations noted above apply to deliveries. Notification needs to be given at least 24 hours in advance and deliveries must be made Monday through Saturday 8 AM to 4:00 PM. Notification to Sunwatch Maintenance 727-710-3510 is required for required elevator padding to be installed.
REMODELING AND REPAIR OF UNITS (UNIT CONSTRUCTION):
3. CLEANUP AND DEBRIS: Unit owners are responsible for cleanup and removal of all debris left in common areas, and for damage to common areas that are caused by their contractor or delivery personnel. Construction debris must be removed from the Sunwatch premises by the contactors performing the work or delivery personnel delivering to a unit owner, or the unit owner himself, and may not be deposited into Sunwatch garbage containers.
The following items must be ON FILE with the Sunwatch building Manager for Contractors or Contractors Personnel PRIOR to admittance to the Sunwatch Buildings, or the beginning of any construction:
1. City of Clearwater Building Permit for all work requiring a Building Permit.
2. Contractor’s License issued by Pinellas County.
3. Certificates of Liability and Workmen’s Compensation.
4. Copy of Contractor’s Vehicle Insurance.
5. Names, addresses and phone numbers of all personnel requiring admittance to Sunwatch.
6. Completed application form for admittance to Sunwatch outlining the contractor’s agreement for him and his personnel to abide by the rules of Sunwatch.
These forms are on the Forms Online section of the Sunwatch website or click here.
REMODELING AND REPAIR OF UNITS (UNIT CONSTRUCTION:
4. AREA ALLOTTED FOR CONTRUCTION ACTIVITY: All work is required to be done within the limits of the individual unit or balcony. Hallways, driveways, or the use of the garage or any common elements is specifically prohibited.
RENTING/SELLING: You must get association approval to rent or sell your Sunwatch home. Please contact the property manager for details. Your documents do not allow rentals for less than 90 days.
ROOF AND SERVICE AREAS: Unit owners, residents, their family, guests, etc. shall not enter upon, or attempt to enter upon the roof, elevator shafts, power rooms or service rooms or areas.
RULE VIOLATIONS: If you observe any rule violations, please write to the management company, including the names, dates, times, and description of the rule being violated.
SEAWALLS: Diving from or jumping off seawalls is absolutely prohibited.
SKATEBOARD: Skateboarding anywhere on the Sunwatch property is absolutely prohibited.
SMOKING: Smoking is prohibited in all building common areas.
SOLICITATIONS/SIGNS: No peddling or soliciting of any nature or kind is allowed in, on, or about the condominium property. No sign, advertisement, notice of other lettering shall be exhibited, displayed, inscribed, painted or affixed in, on, or upon any part of the condominium property by any unit owner or occupant, or outside organization or individual.
SUNWATCH POOLS/SPA RULES AND REGULATIONSPOOLS:
SUNWATCH GUEST UNIT RULES AND REGULATIONS1. CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED FROM THE UNIT OWNER ONLY. Checks should be made payable to Sunwatch.